EIG Trading Room
- Students in the EIG perform real-world stock and portfolio analysis and manage a portfolio of approximately $1.3 million.
- With Ashland’s unique Finance program, you can choose to follow either the asset management or corporate finance track.
- Our business and economics programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- The College of Business & Economics holds monthly networking events; giving you strong opportunities to line-up internships or full-time employment.
Eagle Investment Group
*The Eagle Investment Group seeks to educate the next generation of investors for our changing world. By following the College of Business & Economics vision of teaching by doing and by studying, the Eagle Investment Group is giving our students the ultimate experiential learning opportunity where they make real decisions involving a portion of the university’s endowment.
The Eagle Investment Group is a collection of Finance majors that manage a portfolio of stocks through the combination of fundamental and technical analyses. In addition to dealing with issues seen by investing practitioners, this group also studies content that is valuable for post-graduation tests and designations such as the Series 7 for stockbrokers and dealers (FINRA), the CFP® and the CFA designation.
Our goal is simple: To give our members real world experience, while still maintaining a controlled environment to facilitate learning.
In addition to our amazing faculty, you’ll get the chance to learn from visiting professionals who share knowledge, experience, successes and failures. And, among our close-knit community, you’ll make friends and build important networks for the future.
*The Eagle Investment Group gives you the opportunity to learn on Wall Street and practice on Main Street.*
* Research and analyze various sources of information using advanced analytic tools and databases.
* Make decisions in real-life scenarios
* Collaborate with teams to achieve the overall goal of increasing the Endowment Fund