You are here
Hospitality Management Program
Building Hospitality's Future Leaders
Do you enjoy interacting with people in an energized, fast-paced environment? The Hospitality Management program at Ashland University might be a great start to a career in hospitality.
The Hospitality Management major encompasses everything from the travel and hotel industry to conferences and private events for charities, companies, and more. So whether you want to manage a hotel chain, lead a kitchen crew, or plan major events, a Hospitality Management Degree from Ashland University will give you the skills needed to launch your future career.
What to Expect in the Hospitality Management Program
Hospitality is among the world’s largest and fastest growing industries, offering endless opportunities. As a Hospitality Management major, you’ll study everything from customer service and contract negotiations to project, staff, and event management.
Hospitality Management Program Benefits
The Hospitality Management program gives you hands-on preparation for management jobs with tremendous travel and career growth opportunities at companies such as Disney, Marriott, and more.
Other program benefits include:
- Get as close to on-the-job management training as you can get while also earning your undergraduate degree
- Succeed in a hands-on program with fun and exciting fieldwork
- Learn in small class sizes with individualized attention
- Take advantage of limitless opportunities for growth and travel
- Access a dedicated faculty with a wide background of hotel management and other hospitality fields (including an award-winning chef)
This program provides you with business-focused knowledge and skills that will transfer to all sectors of the hospitality industry no matter your career objective. You’ll begin getting a quality experience the moment you step into the classroom along with unforgettable learning experiences out in the real world.
Sample courses include:
- Intro to the Hospitality Industry
- Principles of Marketing
- Intro to Management
Hospitality Management Career Outlook
Average Career Salary
Anticipated Career Growth
Demand for graduates with a BS/BA degree in Hospitality Management is expected to grow 17 percent over the next ten years. Salaries are based on experience, location, and job environment.
Recent Employers of Hospitality Management Graduates
- Better Homes & Gardens
- Catawba Country Club
- Family First Fitness Center
- Hyatt Corporation
- Resort Recreation and Tourism Management
- Walt Disney World
- Airline Reservation Agent
- Convention Service Director
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Food Services Supplier
- Golf/Country Club Manager
- Human Resource Administrator
- Merchandising Accountant
- Personnel Interviewer
- Wedding Planner