Mission of the Dwight Schar College of Education
The Dwight Schar College of Education guides all students through innovative and diverse field- based experiences that are grounded in theory and result in skilled and responsive practitioners, well-prepared to meet tomorrow's challenges.
Guiding Principle 1: Practitioner- and Field- Based Experiences, Core to All Programs, Link Theory and Practice
Guiding Principle 2: Partnerships with External Stakeholders Broaden Insights and Support Student Success
Guiding Principle 3: Pedagogical and Content Expertise Lead to Positive Outcomes within Diverse Learning Environments
Guiding Principle 4: A Culture of Assessment Creates Avenues for Reflection, Leading to Excellence
Student Learning Outcomes
- Candidates apply theory and practice within a professional environment.
- Candidates collaborate with stakeholders to impact the success of diverse individuals and organization.
- Candidates demonstrate pedagogical and content expertise when working within a diverse professional environment.
- Candidates make data-driven decisions within a professional environment.
- Candidates apply principles of integrity and ethical decision-making within a professional environment.