- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2018 and serves as Clinical Assistant Professor
- Teaches Nursing Concepts and Values, Health Foundations I & II, Nursing Capstone
- Faculty Advisor, Health Professions Collaborative Living Learning Community
- Research interests include chronic pain and quality of life, fatigue, critical care, faculty wellness
- Nursing Experience:
- Medical-Surgical and Critical Care Nurse educator
- Coronary and Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- Progressive Care Unit
- Geriatric Psych
- Western Governors University, M.S.N
- Malone College, B.S.N
- Wayne County Schools Career Center, P.N.
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2017 and serves as assistant professor of Health Sciences and director of the Public Health Program
- D.N.P., M.P.H., M.S., B.S.N., The Ohio State University
Joined Ashland University faculty in 2003
16 years, nursing education program experience-RN-BSN, MS, DNP
Certified Nurse Educator since 2012
Experienced in curriculum development: web-based or web-assisted 14 nursing courses
Research areas include pedagogical strategies, editing/student publication, virtual worlds, disaster response
Journal and book publications related to online and face-to-face teaching strategies
International, national and regional presentations on topics related to nursing education
Editor-in-Chief of OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing; scholarly journal of the American Nurses Association
Mentor for many graduate students pursuing careers in nursing education
- Kent State University, Ph.D., M.S.N.
- Ashland University, B.S.N.
- Diploma, Trumbull Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
Joined Ashland University faculty in 1998 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences
Teaches Exercise Science undergraduate courses in Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmacology, Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription I, Exercise for Chronic Diseases, Group Exercise Leadership and Consumer Health
Holds Graduate Faculty status
Teaches in the Applied Exercise Science Masters Program (AEXS 671 & AEXS 673)
Serves as Exercise Science Internship Coordinator for Undergraduate (EXS 493) and Graduate (NUHS 747) programs
Received Female Faculty of the Year in April 2012 and Mentor Award in 2016-2017 academic year (Jessica Brown)
Serves as Faculty advisor for Exercise Science Club and Alpha Gamma Omega Nu (AGON: Health Sciences honorarium)
Faculty advisor for AU Fit Fest which raises money for PROJECT OUTRUN
Holds Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) certifications in Personal Training, Group Exercise and Kickboxing
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Pioneer Career & Technology Center, Shelby, OH. Fall 2014-present
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Ashland/West Holmes County Joint Vocational School, Ashland, OH. Spring 2015-present
- Kent State University, Ph.D. (Curriculum & Instruction: Health Education)
- University of Akron, M.S.Ed. (Physiology of Exercise)
- St. Joseph's School of Practical Nursing, L.P.N.
- University of Akron, B.S.Ed. (Health and Physical Education K-12)
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2013 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Dietetics
- Ohio State University, M.S.
- Ohio State University, B.S.
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2010 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Nursing
- Research areas include poverty and vulnerable populations
- Otterbein College, M.S.N.
- MedCentral College of Nursing, B.S.N.
- A.D. in Nursing, North Central State College
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2015; serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing and Director of the School Nurse Program
- Teaches Genetics, Community Nursing, Healthcare of the School Community, Health Determinants and Academic Indicators, School Nurse Internship, DNP Primary Care II (Pediatrics), DNP Primary Care I-IV clinical supervision
- Research areas include: social determinants of health, school nursing, lead exposure and poisoning, pediatric health outcomes, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Service experiences include: National Association of School Nurses, Ohio Association of School Nurses (Professional Practice Chair, Education Chair, State Data Coordinator), Ashland-Richland Counties Lead Prevention Collaborative, NAPNAP, STTI Rho-Nu-at-Large, ASHA
- The Ohio State University, D.N.P., Nursing Education Certificate
- Wright State University, School Nurse Certificate
- Case Western Reserve University, M.S.N. Nursing, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Mount Union College, B.S. Biology/Chemistry
- Joined: March 2020
- Clinical Practice Areas: Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery-General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Orlando Regional Medical Center- Fellowship
- Wright State University School of Medicine – Residency
- St. George’s University School of Medicine- Doctor of Medicine
- University of Miami – Bachelors of Arts
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2016 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Nursing
- Teaches courses on Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Adult Medical Surgical, Capstone, Global Trends and Issues
- Research areas include implementing evidence based practice, injury prevention
- Other experiences include STTI , Faculty Advisor, Emergency Nurses Association, Certified Emergency Nurse
- Current Student, Northern Kentucky University, D.N.P. Candidate
- Chamberlain College of Nursing, M.S.
- MedCentral College of Nursing, B.S.N.
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2002 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences
- Also serves as director of Sports Nutrition at Ashland University
- Board Certified in Sports Nutrition/Dietetics
- Director of Nutrition for Vantrition, LLC
- Research areas include nutrition and athletic performance, development and implementation of nutrition interventions, nutrition and behaviors, and food components and cognition
- Courses taught include Human Nutrition, Advanced Human Nutrition and Metabolism, Research in Health Sciences, Society's Influence on Body Image and Eating, Sports Nutrition, Food Sciences, Intro to Dietetics, Nutrition Counseling Skills and Lifecycle Nutrition
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Ph.D.
- Florida State University, M.S.
- Richard Stockton College, B.S.
- Joined Ashland University as adjunct in 2014 and as faculty in 2016. Serves as clinical assistant professor of Nursing
- Teaches courses in Health Assessment and Genetics
- Research areas include “Preoperative patient education programs in outpatient total joint replacements” and “Implementation of the INTERACT tool to reduce hospital readmissions in inpatient rehab facilities”
- Other experiences include Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Certified Operating Room Nurse, Member of AANP and OAAPN, faculty advisor
- Ashland University, D.N.P.
- Ursuline College, M.S.N.
- Ohio University, B.S.N.
- North Central State College, A.S.N.
- The Ohio State University, A.A.
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2010 and serves as assistant professor of Nursing and Director of the Doctor of Nursing Program
- Teaches Advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, advanced health assessment, and advanced simulation
- Assist graduate students in residency and scholarly projects
- Research areas include: improving cultural competence through the use of simulation, using simulation to help transition nursing students into practice
- Other experiences: Advanced Practice nursing for the Heart and Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic and for the device clinic at Avita Health Systems, Facilitator for medical missions to the Dominican Republic, ACLS and BLS instructor
- Duquesne University, D.N.P.
- Ohio State University, M.S.
- Pensacola Christian College, B.S.N.