- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2018 and serves as Clinical Assistant Professor
- Teaches Nursing Concepts and Values, Health Foundations I & II, Nursing Capstone
- Faculty Advisor, Health Professions Collaborative Living Learning Community
- Research interests include chronic pain and quality of life, fatigue, critical care, faculty wellness
- Nursing Experience:
- Medical-Surgical and Critical Care Nurse educator
- Coronary and Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- Progressive Care Unit
- Geriatric Psych
- Western Governors University, M.S.N
- Malone College, B.S.N
- Wayne County Schools Career Center, P.N.
Joined Ashland University faculty in 2018 and serves as Assistant Professor of Health Sciences
Teaches Exercise Science undergraduate courses in Medical Terminology, Physiology of Exercise, Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription II, Health Behavior Management, and Research in Health Sciences
Holds Graduate Faculty status
Teaches in the Applied Exercise Science Masters Program (NUHS 509, AEXS 677, and AEXS 671)
Certified as an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Clinical Exercise Physiologist
Areas of expertise include clinical exercise physiology, cardiac rehabilitation, and behavioral aspects of exercise adherence.
- Research areas include physical activity and sedentary behavior throughout the lifespan and body composition assessment in collegiate athletes.
- Kent State University, Ph.D., Exercise Physiology
- University of Akron, M.S., Exercise Physiology
- Ohio State University, B.S., Sport and Leisure Studies
Joined Ashland University faculty in 2003
16 years, nursing education program experience-RN-BSN, MS, DNP
Certified Nurse Educator since 2012
Experienced in curriculum development: web-based or web-assisted 14 nursing courses
Research areas include pedagogical strategies, editing/student publication, virtual worlds, disaster response
Journal and book publications related to online and face-to-face teaching strategies
International, national and regional presentations on topics related to nursing education
Editor-in-Chief of OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing; scholarly journal of the American Nurses Association
Mentor for many graduate students pursuing careers in nursing education
- Kent State University, Ph.D., M.S.N.
- Ashland University, B.S.N.
- Diploma, Trumbull Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
Joined Ashland University faculty in 1998 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences
Teaches Exercise Science undergraduate courses in Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmacology, Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription I, Exercise for Chronic Diseases, Group Exercise Leadership and Consumer Health
Holds Graduate Faculty status
Teaches in the Applied Exercise Science Masters Program (AEXS 671 & AEXS 673)
Serves as Exercise Science Internship Coordinator for Undergraduate (EXS 493) and Graduate (NUHS 747) programs
Received Female Faculty of the Year in April 2012 and Mentor Award in 2016-2017 academic year (Jessica Brown)
Serves as Faculty advisor for Exercise Science Club and Alpha Gamma Omega Nu (AGON: Health Sciences honorarium)
Faculty advisor for AU Fit Fest which raises money for PROJECT OUTRUN
Holds Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) certifications in Personal Training, Group Exercise and Kickboxing
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Pioneer Career & Technology Center, Shelby, OH. Fall 2014-present
Advisory Committee Member (invited) for Exercise Science-Sports Medicine: Ashland/West Holmes County Joint Vocational School, Ashland, OH. Spring 2015-present
- Kent State University, Ph.D. (Curriculum & Instruction: Health Education)
- University of Akron, M.S.Ed. (Physiology of Exercise)
- St. Joseph's School of Practical Nursing, L.P.N.
- University of Akron, B.S.Ed. (Health and Physical Education K-12)
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2013 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Dietetics
- Ohio State University, M.S.
- Ohio State University, B.S.
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2010 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Nursing
- Research areas include poverty and vulnerable populations
- Otterbein College, M.S.N.
- MedCentral College of Nursing, B.S.N.
- A.D. in Nursing, North Central State College
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2015; serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing and Director of the School Nurse Program
- Teaches Genetics, Community Nursing, Healthcare of the School Community, Health Determinants and Academic Indicators, School Nurse Internship, DNP Primary Care II (Pediatrics), DNP Primary Care I-IV clinical supervision
- Research areas include: social determinants of health, school nursing, lead exposure and poisoning, pediatric health outcomes, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Service experiences include: National Association of School Nurses, Ohio Association of School Nurses (Professional Practice Chair, Education Chair, State Data Coordinator), Ashland-Richland Counties Lead Prevention Collaborative, NAPNAP, STTI Rho-Nu-at-Large, ASHA
- The Ohio State University, D.N.P., Nursing Education Certificate
- Wright State University, School Nurse Certificate
- Case Western Reserve University, M.S.N. Nursing, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Mount Union College, B.S. Biology/Chemistry
- Joined: March 2020
- Clinical Practice Areas: Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery – General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Orlando Regional Medical Center – Fellowship
- Wright State University School of Medicine – Residency
- St. George’s University School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine
- University of Miami – Bachelors of Arts
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2016 and serves as clinical assistant professor of Nursing
- Teaches courses on Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Adult Medical Surgical, Capstone, Global Trends and Issues
- Research areas include implementing evidence based practice, injury prevention
- Other experiences include STTI , Faculty Advisor, Emergency Nurses Association, Certified Emergency Nurse
- Current Student, Northern Kentucky University, D.N.P. Candidate
- Chamberlain College of Nursing, M.S.
- MedCentral College of Nursing, B.S.N.
- Chemistry/Biology Instructor 9 years
- Didactic Instructor PA program 4 years
- Duel state licensed and USDA Accredited Veterinarian
- Veterinary practice owner over 35 years of a medical and surgical practice
- Presented nationally to multiple professional conferences regarding prevention of medical errors
- Teaching responsibilities include didactic year anatomy, physiology, pathology and clinical skills
- Research interests include medical error prevention and effectiveness of clinical anatomy lab techniques
- FDA Stage III Clinical Trial Site Investigator
- Awards include Ohio Science Academy STEM Exemplar
- The Ohio State University, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- The Ohio State University, BS
- Joined Ashland University faculty in 2002 and serves as associate professor of Health Sciences
- Also serves as director of Sports Nutrition at Ashland University
- Board Certified in Sports Nutrition/Dietetics
- Director of Nutrition for Vantrition, LLC
- Research areas include nutrition and athletic performance, development and implementation of nutrition interventions, nutrition and behaviors, and food components and cognition
- Courses taught include Human Nutrition, Advanced Human Nutrition and Metabolism, Research in Health Sciences, Society's Influence on Body Image and Eating, Sports Nutrition, Food Sciences, Intro to Dietetics, Nutrition Counseling Skills and Lifecycle Nutrition
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Ph.D.
- Florida State University, M.S.
- Richard Stockton College, B.S.
- Joined Ashland University in July 2021
Teaches: Clinical Skills, Patient Assessment
Research Interests: Primary Prevention, Evidence-based medicine and compliance with guidelines
Clinical Practice: Emergency medicine, family medicine, rheumatology
- The University of Toledo, Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences
- Ohio Northern University, B.S.