AT Program Selective Admission Requirements
Entrance into the Athletic Training program is by selective admissions. A student is permitted to apply for admission into the program during the second semester of the freshmen year or during the sophomore year. The formal application process must be completed by the second Monday of February. The formal application process requires that each student complete the following criteria:
- Prerequisite coursework – Students must attain a C or better grade in the following courses: ATR 165, ATR 166, ATR 167 and ATR 170.
- Completed application – Each student must submit a completed application which includes a brief essay on why they have selected athletic training as their intended profession.
- Three letters of recommendation – A professor/instructor at Ashland University must complete one letter. The professor should elaborate on the student’s academic ability.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Interview with the Athletic Training Selection Committee.
- Completion of the Athletic Training Program Technical Standards document.
After the student has been selected into the program, he/she must complete formal training in blood-borne pathogens which includes obtaining or declining the Hepatitis B vaccination. Students will also need to purchase liability insurance, pass a physical examination and provide a copy of his/her immunizations. The physical exam must be completed by the AU Health Center and is at a cost of $30.