Program Goals and Objectives
To assess and guide the AU DP, several goals and objectives have been developed. These include the following three program goals and ten outcomes:
Program Goal 1
The AU DP will prepare, assist, and encourage program graduates to seek admittance into an ACEND accredited internship program, professional employment, graduate school or obtain professional credentialing.
- Objective 1.1 Over a five-year period, at least 60 percent of AU DP graduates will apply to a supervised practice program within 12 months of graduation.
- Objective 1.2 Over a five-year period, at least 50 percent of those applying to a supervised practice program in the academic year they complete the program will be accepted.
- Objective 1.3 Over a five-year period, at least 50 percent of program graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within 12 months of program completion.
- Objective 1.4 Over a five-year period, at least 50 percent of AU DP graduates not going into an internship, employed or seeking employment, will report pursuing an advanced degree.
- Objecitve 1.5 Over a five-year period, the pass rate for AU DP graduates taking the DTR examination will be greater than or equal to 80 percent.
Program Goal 2
The AU DP will prepare graduates to become contributing members of the scientific/professional community who can function as competent entry-level dietitians in a variety of settings.
- Objective 2.1. Over a five-year period, the pass rate for AU DP graduates taking the registration (RD) examination for the first time will be greater than or equal to 80 percent.
- Objective 2.2 At least 80 percent of AU DP graduates will receive satisfactory or higher ratings from supervisors/employers in at least 75 percent of the areas surveyed.
Program Goal 3
The AU DP will assist students in completing the program of study, as well as prepare and encourage students to serve the community through volunteerism, educational, and professional involvement.
- Outcome 3.1 At least 75 percent of students enrolled in the AU DP, after completing the course DIET 210 Introduction to Dietetics, will meet the criteria for receiving a verification statement within three years; 150% of the program length.
- Objective 3.2 At least 75 percent of AU DP graduates will have been a member of a pre-professional or related professional organization (such as AU Student Dietetic Association, Mohican Dietetic Association, Ohio Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) prior to program completion.
- Objective 3.3 At least 75 percent of AU DP graduates will have completed more than 20 hours of volunteer or philanthropic activities prior to program completion.
AU DP Program outcomes data are available upon request. Please contact the Program Director, Dr. David Vanata, RD, CSSD, LD