The Accelerated Program is designed for students who already earned a bachelor's degree in another field from an accredited college or university. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing prepares students to practice the art and science of professional nursing.
Students in the Accelerated Program:
- complete the BSN in 15 months/4 semesters
- classes are held at the Dwight Schar College of Nursing & Health Sciences Mansfield Campus
- complete 64 credit hours of nursing coursework including clinical, laboratory and observation instruction led by faculty with speciality expertise
Nursing students are introduced to the profession’s:
- theoretical knowledge base
- research for evidence-based practice
- international perspectives in healthcare
- nursing process as applied to families and communities
Students learn the highly technical and clinical skills needed for working with patients and their families in a variety of settings. Students explore the role of nurses as leaders and managers. Students investigate the role of nurses in legal, ethical and political settings. This degree also provides the foundation for graduate education in nursing.
- Summer semester
- Fall semester