Upon completion of Doctor of Nursing Practice - Health Systems Leadership the student will be able to:
- Implement best practices to improve health care and health systems using analytical methods.
- Assume leadership positions at the systems level, integrating nursing science with organizational leadership and ethics.
- Design, implement and evaluate quality improvement projects in health care systems to promote safe, effective and efficient patient-centered care.
- Evaluate health care policy and systems that provide care for individuals, communities, and populations.
- Engage in interprofessional collaboration to promote health, reduce risk and improve outcomes in varied health care delivery systems.
- Enhance the culture of safety in health systems through the application of information technologies.
- Use nursing knowledge to stimulate research, affect health policy and improve patient outcomes locally, nationally, and globally.
- Demonstrate professional values and ethical behavior in nursing leadership.
- Design culturally competent, equitable health services for vulnerable populations.