The Accelerated program is designed for students who have already earned a college degree and who have life experiences in a field other than nursing. Students in the Accelerated program are recognized as having completed core education requirements in their past degree. Unlike the Traditional four-year program, students in this program complete coursework at an accelerated rate, comleting the BSN in 15 months.
Admission to the Accelerated program is extremely competative as spaces are limited. Prospective students are highly encouraged to begin the application process early. Application review will occur as the application is completed and required documents are received. Only applicants who complete the necessary application requiremtns listed below on or before the Accelerated orientation week will be considfered for admission.
The requirements of admission have been established to ensure that prospective students have a strong science background necessary to be successful in the pre-licensure program and in the profession of nursing.
- Earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university prior to beginning course work.
- At least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in college coursework.
- Science prerequisite coursework cumulative grade point average must be a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses from an accredited college or university. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum letter grade of "C" in order for that credit to count as meeting the prerequisite requirement. Science prerequisite coursework must have been completed within 10 yeras prior to the program start date.
The following courses must be completed before the program start date:
- Developmental Psychology
- Organic/Inorganic/Bio Chemistry*
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II*
*Must include a labortatory.
- Submission of application.
- Meet all essential functions of clinical coursework listed in the Nursing Program Student Handbook.
- Meet the health status criteria for mental and physical health.
- Upon meeting all acceptance requirements of the program the student must complete a federal and Ohio state criminial background check and a drug screening test. The results of these tests will determine final acceptance of the student.
- Applicants who request transfer credit for prior nursing coursework must follow the process for credit for transfer nursing coursework prior to the start of the program.