Nursing, Advanced Entry
Admission to the pre-licensure, Advanced Entry track is extremely competitive and spaces are limited. Prospective students are highly encouraged to begin the application process early. Application review will occur as the application is completed and required documents are received. Only applicants who complete the necessary application requirements listed below on or before the application deadline will be considered for admission.
- Attended an accredited college or university.
- At least a 3.0/4.0 cumulative grade point average in college coursework.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses from an accredited college or university. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum letter grade of "C" in order for that credit to be applied toward the nursing program. Science prerequisite coursework must have been completed within 10 years prior to the program start date.
- The following courses must be completed before the program start date.
- Developmental Psychology
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Organic/Inorganic/Bio Chemistry (with lab)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II (with lab)
- English Composition I & II
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screen (prior to entering clincal coursework).
- Meet the health status criteria for mental and physical health.
- Documentation of ability to perform the essential functions for clinical coursework.
- Complete record of required immunizations.