General Readmission Requirements
The CONHS Admission, Progression and Retention Committee will determine if a student will be readmitted to the nursing program. Students may be readmitted to the nursing program no more than one time. Clinical orientation, auditing of nursing courses or retaking of nursing courses may be required in the readmission process. Students who are readmitted to the nursing program are subject to the degree and graduation requirements in the AU catalog and nursing student handbook at the time of readmission. However, if a student continues to take classes at AU while not enrolled in the nursing program, they will be subject to the core requirements of their original AU catalog and nursing course requirements and policies in the AU catalog and student handbook at the time of readmission to the nursing program.
If a student continues to take classes at AU while not enrolled in the nursing program, they will be subject to the core requirements of their original AU cataog. However, they will be subject to the nursing program requirements and policies in the AU catalog and student handbook at the time of readmission to the nursing program.
- Contact the Office of Records and Registration to notify the college of potential readmission at least 3 months prior to the semester the student is applying.
- Submit a letter of intent to the Office of Records and Registration stating the desire for readmission, including additional education that has occured since the applicant's last classes at AU.
- The CONHS Admission, Progression, and Retention Committee will review the student's letter of intent, trascripts and an any other written material or letters submitted by the student in the readmission decision.
- The readmission decision will include requirements to determine appropriate course placement, including but not limited to skills testing, ATI testing, and/or medication calculation tests. Course placement will be determined by the committee in conjunction with the program director.
- Final course recommendations will be sent to the Office of Records and Registration. The Office of Records and Registration will enroll the student in the required courses the student's first readmitted semester in the CONHS.
The following will be used in making a readmission decision:
- Applicant's stated reason for requesting readmission.
- Past academic performance and any work completed while absent is evaluated to determine potential for success and/or placement.
- Demonstration of skills learned in courses completed prior to the student's leaving the program. This may include passage of a drug calculation exam and demonstration of clinical skills, as deemed appropriate. Successful completion of these requirements must occur prior to the student's readmission.
- Whether or not the applicant will be able to complete the program within the six-year requirement.
- Space availability in the appropriate courses.
Readmission Progression Requirements:
- The admission decision applies to the upcoming semester and cannot be deferred.
- Applicants must repeat or audit course (even if passed) when the CONHS deems necessary.
- Readmitted students must follow the progression grade requirements.
- Dismissed students will enter on probation and be assessed at the end of the first term.