International students are required to have an equivalent of a 2.5/4.0 GPA on the American System for automatic admission to Ashland University. Students with below a 2.5 GPA will be reviewed for admission on an individual basis. For countries which do not use the grade point average, a determination is made to equate the score.
The international student should submit the following materials:
- A completed International Student Application;
- A $50 non-refundable application fee;
- A bank statement showing the sponsor's ability to support the student with funds equal to or greater than the estimated expenses per year;
- Academic records from all secondary schools, colleges or universities attended;
- Results of any state or government comprehensive exams, such as the Baccalaureat or the G.C.E., if applicable;
- An official TOEFL score of 65 (iBT) or above, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or above. If the TOEFL or IELTS score is below the required level, or these tests have not been taken, the student may enter the Center for English Studies (ACCESS).
After formal admission, the international student will receive a Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for non-immigrant (F-1) student status. This document can be presented to the U.S. Consul in the student's country of residence in order to apply for a visa.
International Student Services provides assistance, roientation and advising to international students. The office also promotes intercultural contacts and provides student organization programs. The services of Ashland University are designed in accordance with federal rules and regulations concerning foreign students, and the principles and guidelines of NAFSA: Association of International Educatiors.
For more information or to apply for admission as an International student, please visit International Student Services.