Dean's Student Advisory Council
The Dean’s Student Advisory Council is a representative group of students from all program tracks and levels. The purpose of the group is to promote the I CARE values among students, to discuss academic improvement strategies for the college and to develop professional leadership skills.
The purpose of the group is to promote the I CARE values among students, to discuss academic improvement strategies for the College and to develop professional leadership skills.
- One student from each of the following programs:
o Athletic Training
o Exercise Science
o Accelerated Second Degree Nursing
o RN to BSN
- Two students from each of the following:
o Freshmen nursing students
o Sophomore nursing students
o Junior nursing students
o Senior nursing students
- Dean, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Department Chairs
Elections of Student Members:
- At the beginning of fall semester, students will be sent an email to nominate a peer or themselves to the council with a statement regarding their interest.
- Elections will be held during the third week of September each academic year
- Terms will be for one academic year
- Two meetings will be held each semester. One meeting will be on the main Ashland University campus and the other on the Mansfield campus.
- Meetings will be scheduled from 5-6:30 p.m. and dinner will be served.
Student Member Responsibilities:
- Attend council meetings regularly to represent peers, or send designee in case of unavoidable conflict
- Contribute to agenda of meetings to provide feedback regarding student recommendations.
- Provide feedback to peers regarding meeting outcomes.