Through Ashland University’s College Credit Plus (CCP) program, high school students can earn college credit and high school graduation credit by taking college courses. It’s a great way to get a head start on your college education.
Students must have participated in a college preparatory curriculum and have completed the following:
- Two or more years of high school English
- Two or more years of high school math (algebra I or higher)
- Two or more years of high school science (one must be a laboratory science)
- Two or more years of high school social studies
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50/4.00 at the time of application.
- Composite score of 18 or higher on the ACT (or 860 on the SAT).
- An English subscore of 21 is required to be placed in ENG*101.
Criteria and Guidelines:
- Applications must be completed online and submitted no later than June 1st for the fall semester and no later than October 15th for the spring semester.
- Student must complete and submit all approval forms required from their high school. (The Intent to Participate form is due to the school by April 1 of the year prior to participation.)
- Students may not register for classes until they are notified.
- Registration usually occurs at the end of May for fall semester and begins when open enrollment starts in November for spring semester.
According to Ohio Revised Code 3333-1-65.12, students must complete 15 credit hours in Level I before progressing to Level II courses.
A list of Level I courses at Ashland University is listed below: (for a printable list, click here → First 15 - Level One Courses
BIO 110 -- Ecology and the Human Environment
BIO 125 -- Anatomy & Physiology I
BIO 126 -- Anatomy & Physiology II
BIO 201 -- Molecular & Cellular Basis of Life
BIO 202 -- Organisms, Adaptation, and Diversity
BIO 222 -- Anatomy & Physiology Nursing I (with permission of college)
BIO 223 -- Anatomy & Physiology Nursing II (with permission of college)
COM 101 -- Human Communication
CS 101 -- Logic and Computing
CS 175 -- Web Design
CS 250 -- Linux Operating System
CS 260 -- Topics in Computer Science
EDUC 371 -- Seven Habits of Highly Successful College Students
ENG 101 -- English Composition I
ENG 102 -- English Composition II
EXS 190 - Anatomy and Physiology
FREN 151 -- Elementary French I
FREN 152 -- Elementary French II
FREN 251 -- Intermediate French I
FREN 252 -- Intermediate French II
GEOL 209 -- Natural Disaster: Volcanoes and Earthquakes
GEOL 210 -- Natural Disaster: Severe Weather
IS 221 -- Information Technology
MATH 111 -- Precalculus
MATH 201 -- Calculus with Applications to Management, Life and Social Science
MATH 205 -- Calculus I
MATH 208 -- Elementary Statistics
PHIL 205 -- Introduction to Philosophy
PSYC 101 -- General Psychology
PSYC 209 -- Developmental Psychology
SOC 111 -- Principles of Sociology
SPAN 171 -- Elementary Spanish I
SPAN 172 -- Elementary Spanish II
SPAN 271 -- Intermediate Spanish I
SPAN 272 -- Intermediate Spanish II
Additional information about the CCP program can be found, HERE, on the Ohio Department of Higher Education's website.
Once students are accepted into the program, re-application is not necessary to participate in subsequent semesters.