This one graduate credit course focuses on strategies for the use of THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM as a teaching and learning tool in your classroom. THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM will be used to aide in the instruction in the classroom. Participants will learn the THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM, create templates, choose templates, and design a lesson to integrate THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM in their instruction. The following are objectives for the course.
- Become more familiar with DoDEA curricular Standards
- Become more familiar with NETS – Technology Standards for Students
- Learn the basics of THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM using tutorials.
- Select appropriate FLIPPED CLASSROOM activities that correspond to the NETS Standards & the DoDEA curriculum.
- Produce one FLIPPED CLASSROOM Template for use with your students.
- Design a lesson or unit using THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM as a tool.
- Use THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM with students in the classroom, the computer lab or the information center.
- Post examples of student work or class work using THE FLIPPED CLASSROOM.
- Share what you taught and what you learned with others on Blackboard.
- Day and Time of Meeting:Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 1:00pm to Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 1:00pm