Course Location: www.teachnkidslearn.com
This course provides participants with practical strategies, resources, and ideas to effectively facilitate a “Blended Learning” experience for learners with technology rich lessons and activities where students explore; practice and apply; create, communicate and collaborate using 21st century skills in a blended learning environment. A blended learning environment requires that teachers transform teaching and learning experiences to engage students by utilizing available technology resources, local and global resources, and relevant curriculum content. Blending face to face and online resources give teachers an opportunity to organize differentiated learning opportunities which will provide multiple pathways to concept attainment for learners.
NOTE: Participants will need access to an Internet enabled computer, Microsoft Office, and digital camera (webcam, digital cam, or phone camera will work).
Participants will develop a personal plan to effectively facilitate teaching and learning that engages students in blended learning environment. Participants will obtain the above mentioned skills by mastering the following objectives:
Examine resources to develop foundational components of a Blended Learning Environment (BLE).
- Develop an understanding of what teaching and learning looks like in the Blended Learning Environment
- Develop a personal understanding of how to organize teaching and learning opportunities to facilitate student engagement and content mastery in a Blended Learning Environment (BLE).
- Participants will develop effective strategies to differentiate instruction using technology.
- Participants will examine the process of managing a learning environment where learners have multiples options to explore content, practice skills, and demonstrate concept attainment via technology.
- Develop an understanding of the College and Career Skills of Communication and Collaboration (21st Century Skills), the need for Student Voice and Choice, and how they relate to Blended Learning.
- Participants will develop and/or enhance Professional Learning Network.
- Participants will develop an action plan to implement a Blended Learning Environment in the upcoming academic year.
- Location of Meeting:www.teachnkidslearn.comLocation of Meeting:On going On line