CHALL GIFTED STUDENTS
Course Location: www.teachnkidslearn.com
This comprehensive instructional course provides educators proven ways to help classroom teachers challenge and enrich the education of academically talented or “gifted” students in the regular classroom. The course will help educators answer such questions as: What is the difference between a truly gifted student and a hard-working, highly-motivated student? How can I best help my gifted students stretch and grow in a heterogeneous or clustered classroom? What are disabled gifted students and how can I help these students experience the success they deserve? How do I differentiate my lessons so that I challenge my gifted students yet do not overwhelm my struggling students? How can I answer parent questions and help them best support the needs of their gifted children at home and at school?
The focus of this course is to help educators: understand how giftedness is defined and identified, understand the characteristics of various categories of giftedness; learn effective ways of supporting gifted academic learners in the regular classroom; support and encourage the talents of non-academically gifted students, understand and meet the needs of twice-exceptional gifted students; and finally, understand how to help parents support the needs of their gifted child at home and at school.
This course has been divided into six modules:
- The Big Picture: What is Giftedness?
- Types of Giftedness – Are all Gifted Students Alike?
- Gifted Academic Learners – Classroom Delivery Models
- Gifted and Talented Learners in the Classroom
- Twice Exceptional Gifted Learners
- Encouraging and Supporting the Gifted Learner at Home
- Location of Meeting:www.teachnkidslearn.comLocation of Meeting:On going On line