ADHD IN THE REG CLASSRM
Course Location: www.teachnkidslearn.com
The focus of this course is to help educators understand the impact of an Attention Deficit Disorder on students and their families and understand the biological connection that this disorder has within the brain. Participants will explore current research on ADHD and its impact on students in the classroom. Participants will learn effective ways of helping students with ADHD with behavior management and organizational strategies that will allow students to be more successful in the regular classroom. Participants will learn strategies for helping students with ADHD succeed in reading and writing and become a more attentive, focused and successful student within the general education classroom.
This course has been divided into six modules:
1. What is Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD?
2. Do’s and Don’ts of Working with Students with ADHD
3. Behavior Management Strategies for Supporting Students with ADHD
4. Building Organizational Skills and Working with Parents of Students with Attention Problems
5. Supporting Students with an ADHD disability in Reading and Writing
6. Supporting Students with an ADHD Disability to Become a More Successful Student
This course was developed by former Special Education Supervisor, Dr. Karen Tankersley.
• The Threads of Reading: Strategies for Literacy Development (ASCD, 2003)
• Literacy Strategies for Grades 4-12: Reinforcing the Threads of Reading (ASCD, 2005)
• Tests That Teach: Using Standardized Tests to Improve Instruction (ASCD, 2007)
• Coaching the Threads of Reading: Helping Teachers Build Reading Success (Little John Press, 2012)
- Location of Meeting:www.teachnkidslearn.comLocation of Meeting:On going On line