YOU MUST HAVE FIRST REGISTERED WITH BRAINSPRING BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ASHLAND CREDIT
This course emphasizes instruction of the learning/language-disabled student at all grade-levels and is critical for teachers working with special education students grades 4-12 and adults.
Level II is required for those pursuing certification.
Participants gain expertise in:
• Instruction of skills taught in Phonics First®/Structures Level I
• Customizing lessons for the dyslexic and learning/language-disabled student at all grade-levels
• Advanced concepts of decoding and encoding
Participants learn customize instruction in:
• Basic phonics through advanced morphology
• Syllabication/multisyllable word attack strategies
• The Reciprocal Teaching process
• Multisensory comprehension
• Multisensory syntax (grammar)
• Guidance with lesson planning and classroom implementation
• Opportunities for hands-on lesson practice
• Emphasis on teaching reading to struggling and dyslexic/learning disabled readers using Orton-Gillingham methodology
Upon completion, participants will:
• Receive a document of completion
• Be prepared to teach Phonics First® and Structures to K-12 dyslexic/learning disabled students
• Be eligible to complete our nationally recognized Phonics First® Specialist Certification
Prerequisite: Completion of Phonics First® Level I three months or more prior to enrolling in Level II. Current teaching experience with Phonics First® is strongly recommended.
- Location of Meeting:Brainspring Academy