CCRSM PK-5 YR3 #4 MATH
This one graduate credit course supports ongoing collaborative learning and planning in support of implementation of College and Career Ready Standards of Mathematics (CCRSM) to promote greater student achievement. Participants will interact with tools to help them deepen students’ understanding of content through engagement in rich mathematical tasks and discussions.
Outcomes: Participants will:
- Participate in math tasks that extend understanding about measurement content and explore how students’ understanding of measurement grows across grade levels.
- Examine the role of effective technology use to promote students’ reasoning and problem solving.
- Work collaboratively with team members to select rich tasks from upcoming units that promote students’ reasoning and sense making.
- Collaborate with grade level team members, both locally and across DoDEA, to reflect upon instructional practices that deepen students’ conceptual understanding.
Course Materials: CCRSM Quarter 3 Training Materials, as needed; Go Math! materials; Unit Planning Tools; other planning resources, as needed
- Attend and actively participate in Quarter 3 CCRSM PK-5 Math Teachers’ Professional Learning.
- Write and submit a reflection paper by the deadline – 16 March 2018.
- Upload your reflection to your grade level Community of Practice in Schoology by the deadline – 16 March 2018.
- Read the reflections of a minimum of two other participants in your grade level Community of Practice. Reply to each participant with reflective comments, according to the provided guidelines, in the Community of Practice in Schoology by the deadline – 16 March 2018.
- Location of Meeting:Varies