INTERACTIVE READ ALOUDS
YOU MUST BE AN EMPLOYEE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TO PARTICIPATE
This course will examine Interactive read aloud strategies for the PK-5 classroom. Participants will learn to use the interactive read aloud strategy to meet the needs of students at various levels by involving students in the read aloud. Both the teacher and the student will be active (reading, processing language, ideas and meaning of text). Teachers will engage students with text dependent questions.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Interactive Read Alouds
- Understand how to write and use text dependent questions
- Develop and write lessons based on goals for students from the Continuum of Literacy using Interactive Read Alouds.
- View Interactive Read Alouds from the perspective of the teacher and/or student
- Critique Interactive Read Aloud Lesson plans for refinement
- Location of Meeting:Varies