Earning Your M.E.d in Adult Education
The M.E.d. in Adult Education is a graduate degree for education professionals and practitioners who are not associated with the K-12 education system. Where there are 50 million youth enrolled in the nation's K-12 aysten for formal teaching and learning, there are over 250 million adults who are increasingly seeing and needing fomral, life-long learning related to health and wellness; economic and workforce issues; encore career development; and a variety of cultural, second landuage and adult life contexts.
Required Professional Courses:
- METHODS AND MATERIALS FOR ADULT EDUCATION
- HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF ADULT EDUCATION
- WORKFORCE TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- PROGRAM PLANNING IN ADULT EDUCATION
- ADULT TEACHING & DEVELOPMENT, LEARNING IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- CONTINUITY AND CHANGE
Selected Cognate Courses in the fields of:
- Teaching English as Second Language
- Higher Education Administration
Information about the program:
- Ashland ranked in the top tier of colleges and universities by U.S. News and World Report.
- Ashland has a high-quality education and very affordable tuition. The tuition is as low as $523 per credit hour or $1,569 per course.
- The program requires a minimum 30 credit hours at the graduate level to receive an M.Ed. degree, which allows international studentsto complete the program in 1-2.5 years.
- The program does not require GRE/GMAT test for Admission
- Ashland University offers conditional admissions to international students who do not have English Proficiency.
Learn more about our Master’s Degree in Adult Education Online or Classroom Setting
The Master’s of Education in Adult Education degree is a graduate degree catered to education professionals who are not associated with the K-12 education system. While there are 50 million youth enrolled in the nation’s K-12 system for formal teaching and learning, there are over 250 million adults who are increasingly seeking other types of formal education.
Download our infographic and learn more about our program!