Initial and Second Teacher License Program
Which Teacher Licensure program is right for you?
Ashland is a perfect choice for those exploring post-baccalaureate teacher license programs. Whether you’re currently teaching and hoping to expand your license or seeking an Ohio teaching license for a career change, our teacher licensure programs can help you earn the Ohio teaching certificate you need. Ashland University provides a number of post-baccalaureate teacher licensure programs designed to help you further your teaching career.
Why earn your initial or secondary Ohio teaching license at Ashland?
- All licensure programs are approved by the Ohio Board of Regents
- Experienced instructors focused on helping you grow as an educator
- Programs designed to fit your lifestyle and schedule
- Specialized coursework designed to help you learn the skills schools seek
Initial licensure (for students with a Bachelor's degree)
If you already have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university that did not lead to a teaching license, our Bachelor's Plus initial teacher licensure program could be right for you.
This program leads to an initial teacher licensure in all of the following areas:
- Intervention specialist (special education) in grades K-12
- Adolescent/young adult (Grades 7-12) in a number of content areas, foreign language and visual arts
Second licensure (for students with a current teaching license)
If you already have a teaching license and would like to add a second license to your credentials, this is available through Ashland in the area of Intervention Specialist.
Secondary licensure areas
- Intervention Specialist (Special Education) Mild/Moderate
(Bachelor's Plus Curriculum, Second Licensure Curriculum)
Get started today!