Online Masters in Communication
Master of Arts in Corporate and Strategic Communication
Begin your journey in the world of corporate and strategic communication with Ashland University’s Online Masters in Communication! Corporate and Strategic Communication has become critical to the success of corporations in organizational change, growth, and crisis. Due to the increased visibility of corporate communication and a greater demand for corporate responsibility, there is a need for competent communication professionals.
Our Online Masters in Communication program is designed to prepare prospective professionals for a variety of advanced-level communication and consultant positions in the fast-growing field of strategic and corporate communication. At Ashland University, you have the opportunity to understand how communication affects our lives and learn current content like the new ways of communication technology.
Why Ashland University’s Online Masters in Communication?
If you are debating whether an online Masters in Corporate and Strategic Communication is the right step for you, here are some highlights of Ashland University's Online Masters in Communication program:
- Convenient: Online Communication graduate programs are valuable to students who are seeking a non-traditional learning environment, completed 100% online. The online programs at Ashland are aimed at students who are looking for accessibility and flexibility. We pride ourselves in offering a program to online students that meets your busy schedule!
- Quick: The Online Masters in Communication can be completed in 18 months, 30 credit hours.
- Quality: Dynamic balance of communication theory and research with application to situations in the world at large. Our online students learn the same material as students would in a traditional classroom setting. You will have the opportunity to answer the question, “How do I communicate in a way that achieves my goal?” and have a better understanding of how communication affects our lives.
- Practical: Ashland University’s online graduate studies programs offer students the capability to gain the Communication-intense skills that are adaptable to the ever-changing communication landscape. These communications strategies could be used to excel in your career or in personal goals.
- Diverse: Our online degree programs are a beneficial approach to gain skills that provide you with a sense of equity regarding those who are most vulnerable and susceptible to danger or crisis.
- Broad Career Options: With a Masters Degree in Corporate and Strategic Communication from Ashland University, you could have the potential to apply to a variety of subjects and professional settings. Prepare for a wide range of communication-related careers
- Global Scope: Engage at local, national, and international levels as you study strategies in strategic and corporate communication subjects like image repair, crisis communication, leadership, and public relations.
Our curriculum explores the many different ways communication is displayed in the world we live in. In a strategic communication course at Ashland University, you can expect to grow your critical thinking skills. Have the ability to learn valuable information about public relations, new ways of communication technology, integrated marketing communication, leadership, and much more!
Just some of the core courses offered in our online Masters in Communication are:
- Strategic Communication Course
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Organizational Communication
- And so much more!
Our school offers courses designed by experts in the field. All students take 18 hours of required courses and the remaining 12 credits are elective credit.
Career Prospects and Job Opportunities:
Just some of the careers in this industry include director of internal/external communication, corporate trainer, organizational development specialist, public relations specialist, director of public affairs, employee relations manager, crisis communication consultant.
Strategic and corporate communication are ever-present in the professional space. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of media and communication occupations is projected to grow 4% from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations (1). This will result in about 27,600 new jobs! The need for media and communication occupations is expected to rise from the need to create, edit, and disseminate information through a variety of platforms.
Looking at career options for those with a Masters Degree, employment in master’s level occupations is projected to grow almost 17% from 2016 to 2026, the fastest of any education level (2). Getting an online Masters in Communication from Ashland University could give you the opportunity to excel in your career path, as you gain and strengthen your communication skills through an online degree program!
- www. bls. gov/ooh/media-and-communication/home.htm
- www. bls. gov/careeroutlook/2018/article/graduate-degree-outlook.htm