"AU's Criminal Justice program allowed me to grow so much as a student from the first class I was in. The classes made me think hard about the issues discussed in class. It’s made me who I am now."
- J. Bon, OIU Cadet, Class of 2019
Online Criminal Justice
As an online student in Ashland University’s Criminal Justice program, you will learn in an interactive, online learning environment with ultimate flexibility to meet your schedule without sacrificing family and work time. Ashland University provides both an associate degree and a bachelor's degree, and both of them are available online.
What to Expect in the Online Program
You will learn about the policies and practices of various criminal justice components for a well-rounded education.
You also have the opportunity to prepare for a master’s degree by doing undergraduate research with AU faculty.
By enrolling in the online Criminal Justice program, you will have access to the following benefits:
- New, lower cost per credit hour ($350 per credit hour; effective January 2019)
- 100 percent online program, so you can access your courses 24/7
- Innovative, seven-week courses based on current criminal justice topics
- Numerous opportunities for hands-on field experience
- Generous transfer policy - your professional training may count toward your degree!
Students pursuing a bachelor's degree may decide between three different tracks:
- Generalized. Discover the immense nature of criminal justice and how to detect cultural phenomenon, behavioral causes and other aspects of crime.
- Law enforcement administration. Learn the ins-and-outs of law enforcement leadership and what it takes to manage a law enforcement agency.
- Correctional administration. Explore the world of corrections and how to manage correctional facilities. Ohio students in this track may graduate with their Level I and Level II Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant license.
No matter the track you choose, you will have countless opportunities and be exposed to important concepts in the areas of law enforcement, corrections and the court system from instructors with real-world experience.
- Bachelor’s degree completion in 120-128 credit hours
Our online criminal justice associate's degree program is ranked in the top 10 online programs by OnlineSchoolCenter.com.
- Associate degree completion in 60-63 credit hours
Criminal Justice Curriculum
Ashland University’s criminal justice courses are designed by experts in the fields of criminal behavior, forensic science, law, sociology and more. We also confer with law enforcement leaders to learn and discover areas that need more focus in the field of criminal justice to ensure you’ll learn the most relevant coursework to help you succeed.
Sample courses include:
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Restorative Justice
- Gangs & Cults
- Emergency Management
- Criminal Justice Policy
Earning your degree in Criminal Justice will provide you with opportunities for better pay promotions and more career options. Together, we can build a better future.
Ashland University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Higher Learning Commission and is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.