Online Education Programs in Ohio
Are you looking for an online master’s program to improve your teaching skills? At Ashland University, we offer four relevant online education degrees. Earn your online master’s , or pursue one of our online certificate or endorsement programs – whatever fits your professional goals as an educator.
What you’ll learn
Pursuing a master’s degree in education online through our programs, you will integrate both theory and practice to help you learn skills that are needed in today’s evolving educational landscape. No matter which program you choose, you’ll cover core concepts that can help you improve the learning environment so students get more out of their educational experiences.
Why study Online education degree at Ashland?
- Convenient, fully online education courses designed to fit your lifestyle
- Coursework is designed to help you learn the skills schools seek
- Experienced instructors who focus on helping you grow as an educator
- Four relevant programs to choose from
Specialize in an area that interests you
- M.Ed. Adult Education: Consisting of 30 semester hours, this online teaching degree program prepares you for positions in a variety of educational settings in business, churches, correctional institutions, and other adult education programs. View the curriculum.
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership + Administrative Licensure: Consisting of 33 semester hours, this online teaching degree program prepares leaders for school building and central office responsibilities. Courses from this program may be applied towards an administrative license. View the curriculum.
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction: Education Technology: Consisting of 30 to 33 semester hours, this online teaching degree program prepares you for positions as a building/campus-level technology facilitator. As a student, you’ll learn how to use and teach others to use existing and emerging education technologies to improve classroom instruction. View the curriculum.
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction: Talent Development Education: Consisting of 30 to 33 semester hours, this online teaching degree program prepares teachers, coordinators, and administrators to teach gifted and talented students, supervise and improve programs for gifted and talented students, and provide leadership in the field of gifted education (K-12) in Ohio. View the curriculum.
- M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction: Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century: Consisting of 30 to 33 semester hours, this online teaching degree program prepares you to use new technologies to aid in classroom instruction. Mobile technologies, Web 2.0 tools, cloud-based technologies and more are covered. View the curriculum.
- Technology Director Endorsement: Learn the skills you need to help your classroom, school or district make use of new technologies in teaching. This endorsement program covers instructional design, issues surrounding technology, methods and strategies for implementing technology, technology support strategies, and more. View the curriculum.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Endorsement: This 15-credit-hour endorsement will teach you how to work and communicate effectively with English language learners. During the internship component of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to work with English language learners at local settings under instructor supervision. View the curriculum.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there is a nationwide demand for teachers and administrators in all fields. With a degree or endorsement from Ashland University, you can strengthen your resume and learn the skills education employers are looking for.