There are three airports within driving distance of the university: Cleveland Hopkins (CLE), Akron/Canton (CAK) and Columbus (CMH). When checking for flights, check all three to find the best price at the time.
The closest station is in Mansfield, although it will probably be faster to begin a trip from Cleveland. Contact Greyhound Bus Lines at 1-800-231-2222.
There are individuals in the Ashland area who will provide a drive to the airport or other destinations for a fee. For example, a ride to the airport may be approximately $60-$75. While we cannot recommend anyone, we do advise that you negotiate rates in advance and make sure that they are licensed and insured.
(prices as of April 2011)
ASHLAND PUBLIC TRANSIT
- 419-207-8240 Call 24 Hours Ahead
- $3.00 Per person within Ashland city limits. (with 24 hour notice)
- $5.00 Per person within Ashland city limits. (Same day service)
- Outside the city limit would be $2.00 a mile
- To Mansfield $26.00-28.00
- $75.00 to Cleveland airport
- $100.00 to Columbus airport
- $150.00 to Mansfield
- $149.45 to Cleveland airport
- $200.00 to the city of Cleveland or Columbus Airport
- 9 AM to 2 AM All week long $8 in the city of Ashland
- $25-$30 to Mansfield
- $100 to Cleveland or Akron Airport
- $130 to Columbus Airport $20 per hour (or negotiate)
For travel in Ohio or to other States you can use the AMTRAK train system (1-800-872-7245).