International Student Deferment
Newly accepted International students who wish to defer their start date to a later semester may apply for an admission deferment. Before you apply determent, please read AU deferral policies first, which have been listed below:
- All deferment applicants must first have paid the enrollment deposit before the deposit deadline.
- All deferment applicants must pay $50 deferral fee for processing and mailing new acceptance letter & I20 except first time request because of visa denied.
- All deferment applications must be submitted before the first day of class of the term for which you were admitted.
- An admission deferment may be granted for a maximum of two consecutive semesters (do not include summers). The admission deferment guarantees only admission into the University and not necessarily admission to a particular major and/or program of study.
- Requests to defer an offer of admission will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be granted for reasons including, but not limited to visa denied, illness, military service, and humanitarian or religious service. Supporting documentation must be provided with the application for deferment
- Requests to defer more than one times or to a term/semester which is more than 6 months later than the current start term/semester, financial support documentation must be provided with the application for deferment, which should including sponsor letters, bank statements, and/or other kind of financial guarantee.
- Applicants admitted to a semester prior to the term/semester will start next will be required to reapply for admission if they never attended AU.
Failure to meet any of these terms may result in the revocation of admission. In such a case, an applicant will need to reapply for admission to the University by the appropriate application deadlines.
If your deferral is approved and you decide to attend before your deferral semester, please contact the Office of International Admissions for your options.
AU provides several options for international students who would like to pay their fees overseas.
1. Credit Card Authorization. (Form available on the right)
2. Pay by Check
3. Wire Transaction
Bank Name: Huntington National Bank
Bank Address:308 Eastern Avenue, Ashland, Ohio 44805
Bank Routing Number:041215032
Bank Account Number:01020313323
Bank Swift Code: HUNTUS33
Please reference: "Application Fee/Enrollment Deposit/Deferral Fee for (INSERT FULL NAME)"
4. Contact Business Office directly for more options