International Student Deferment
Newly accepted International students who wish to defer their start date to a later semester may apply for an admission deferment. Before you apply for deferment, please read Ashland University's deferral policies listed below:
- All deferment applicants must first have paid the enrollment deposit before the deposit deadline.
- All deferment applicants must pay $50 deferral fee for processing and mailing new acceptance letter & I-20.
- All deferment applications must be submitted before the first day of class of the term for which you were admitted.
- An admission deferment may be granted for a maximum of two consecutive semesters (do not include summers). The admission deferment guarantees only admission into the University and not necessarily admission to a particular major and/or program of study.
- Requests to defer an offer of admission will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be granted for reasons including, but not limited to visa denied, illness, military service, and humanitarian or religious service. Supporting documentation must be provided with the application for deferment.
- Requests to defer more than one times or to a term/semester which is more than six months later than the current start term/semester, financial support documentation must be provided with the application for deferment, which should including sponsor letters, bank statements and/or other kind of financial guarantee.
- Applicants admitted to a semester prior to the term/semester will start next will be required to reapply for admission if they never attended AU.
Failure to meet any of these terms may result in the revocation of admission. In such a case, an applicant will need to reapply for admission to the University by the appropriate application deadlines.
AU provides several options for international students who would like to pay their fees overseas.
- Pay through flywire.com
- Credit Card Authorization. (Form available on the left)
- Pay by Check
- Wire Transaction
Bank Name: Huntington National Bank
Bank Address: 308 Eastern Avenue
Ashland, Ohio 44805
Bank Routing Number: 041215032
Bank Account Number: 01020312641