How to Apply—International Students Application Instractions
Complete the online application for International Students by clicking here, and pay a non-refundable $50 USD application fee (use for processing and mailing acceptance letter and I-20).
Applicants will be required to submit:
1. Immigration documents: Submit photocopies of your passport pages (also include this and marriage license for any dependent that will be accompanying you). For transfer F-1 applicants, submit photocopies of U.S. visa stamp, front and back copies of I-94 card (if available) and pages 1 and 3 of your current SEVIS I-20 form.
2. High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and Transcripts: Submit original or certified copies of the record in the original language with English translations of the records that shows completion of the level of education required for entrance to a university in your country. Submit original or certified copies of the official transcripts and/or examination results issued by the high school/examination board. AU requires a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for general undergraduate programs, the Nursing program has requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for freshman and transfer admission.
3. College Transcripts (optional):
- U.S. College or University: Send all official transcripts from any previously and currently attended colleges:
Gill Welcome Center
401 College Ave.
Ashland, Ohio, USA 44805
- Foreign College Records: Original or certified copies of the original in the original language and English translations of the records are required.
Please note: Ashland University has limited resources to evaluate foreign transcripts and may not be able to determine equivalent course and grade credit for your previous college experience. We recommend that you submit your foreign transcript to a professional foreign transcript evaluation service in the United States if you wish to pursue the possibility of receiving transfer credit. AU requires a minimum college grade point average of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale, the Nursing program has requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for freshman and transfer admission.
4. F-1 Transfer Report (SEVIS Transfer only), form available on the right.
To be submitted only by F-1 students requesting transfer to Ashland University from another SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor’s Information System) approved U.S. College, university, high school or English language program in the United States.
5. Attend Access IEP Program or submit Proof of English Language Proficiency: If English is not your native language and you are not willing to participate in Access IEP Program, English proficiency admission requirement may be satisfied through one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (Ashland University TOEFL/SAT institution code is 1021)
- Paper-based Test (PBT: minimum score of 517 for overall, 50 for subset scores, 563 for nursing program)
- Internet-based Test (IBT: minimum score of 67 for overall, 15 for subset scores, 84 and spoken 26 for nursing program)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): Minimum score of 6.0 for overall, 5.0 for subset scores, 7.0 and spoken 7.0 for nursing program)
- PTE (Pearson Lanjguage Tests) Academic: Minimum score of 50 for overall, 59 for nurning program.
- ACT (American College Test): Minimum 18 Composite ACT Score (ACT institution code is 3234)
- SAT : English Composite score of 870 or higher (SAT institution code is 1021)
- One-year Academic Study in an English Speaking Country: A TOEFL or IELTS score may be waived for Undergraduate and Graduate international applicants who have attended a U.S. or Canada High School or University as a degree-seeking student at least one year.
Please note: Test results must not be more than two years old.
6. Proof of financial support. Financial Support Documentation available on the right.
- Affidavit of Financial Support from Sponsor(s): Completed and signed by prospective student and sponsor(s). Name(s) of sponsor must match those on Bank Statement(s).
- Official Supporting Evidence of Financial Resources: An original letter on official stationery from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor has saving deposits, certificates of deposit, money market certificates or other types of accounts containing readily available funds, providing (1) date accounts opened, and (2) specific amount of funds in the accounts. Names listed as account holder on Bank Statement must match names and signatures on Affidavit of Financial Support form. The statement must be written in English, signed and sealed by the appropriate bank or government official. This information must be dated within four months of the intended date of enrollment. Please check the Affidavit of Financial Support form for the estimated annual expense for international student and dependent(s). No business account will be accepted unless proof of business ownership
*Once documents are submitted to Ashland University, they will not be returned.*
If accepted, students will be sent their next steps information via email, immediately after acceptance. Acceptance packages are express mailed and include a Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant (F-1) Student, airport pickup and orientation information, a medical form, campus housing information and more....