- Hybrid online and summer program
- Focused solely on the study of history and government
- Appropriate for social studies teachers, community college faculty, and others with a personal or professional interest in history or government
- Can be completed in as few as 15 months of full-time study or 27 months of part-time study
- A distinguished faculty of scholars including both the full-time faculty of Ashland's Department of History and Political Science as well as visiting professors from other universities around the nation
- Requires a total of 32 semester credit hours, including
- 12 semester hour required core covering the breadth of the American experience, from the revolution to the twentieth century
- 20 semester hours of elective coursework, permitting students the flexibility to customize their course of study around their personal interests or professional needs, including courses focused on historical periods and themes, the branches of government, and more
- Traditional thesis, applied capstone project, or qualifying exam completion options
Per Sem Hour
|Tuition and Fees - On-Campus||$1156||$587|
|Room and Board - On-Campus||$475|
|Tuition and Fees - Online||$848||$424|
With 50:50 split between online and on-campus courses, the cost of your MA in American History and Goverment will total around $21,500. This figure includes tuition, mandatory fees, room and board for your on-campus studies, and estimated books and materials costs.
Ashland University participates in the federal direct student loan program. Installment payment plans are available, allowing students to spread out the cost of tuition in equal payments across an entire semester.