- Can be completed entirely online
- Integrates the study of American history, American government, and the latest theories in curriculum design and delivery
- Designed for the professional and curricular needs of secondary social studies teachers
- Motivated students can go from start to finish in as few as 22 months
- A distinguished faculty of scholars including both the full-time faculty of Ashland's Department of History and Political Science as well as visiting professors from other universities around the nation
Requires a total of 36 semester credit hours, including
- 12 semester hour required core covering the breadth of the American experience, from the revolution to the twentieth century
- 12 semester hour required education core
- 12 semester hours of elective coursework in American history and government, permitting students the flexibility to customize their course of study around their personal interests or professional needs, including courses focused on historical periods and themes, the branches of government, and more
- A qualifying examination
Per Sem Hour
|Tuition and Fees - American History and Government - Online||$848||$424|
|Tuition and Fees - Education - Online||$1710||$570|
At current rates, the total cost of your MA in American History and Goverment will be around $19,000. This figure includes tuition, mandatory fees, room and board for your on-campus studies, and estimated books and materials costs.
Ashland University participates in the federal direct student loan program. Installment payment plans are available, allowing students to spread out the cost of tuition in equal payments across an entire semester.