You are here
Registration for all MAHG and MASTAHG courses (those with an AHG or EDxx prefix) takes place via WebAdvisor. This includes all MAHG and MASTAHG students, both degree-seeking and non-degree.
To register and participate in courses, do the following:
Know your AU username and password
You may already know your AU username and password. If so, you're in good shape.
If you do not know your AU username and your current password, it is now vital that you learn and remember them. Your AU username and password were provided with your acceptance letter. If you do not have your acceptance materials handy, you may retrive your username online. Go to WebAdvisor and click "Account Information" at the lower right corner of the page. Follow the prompts to retrieve your username.
If you have forgotten your password, you must contact the AU Information Technology Help Desk for assistance resetting your password. No one in the MAHG program office has access to your password nor are we permitted to request that it be changed or reset on your behalf. For security purposes, only the account owner (YOU) may do so.
Keep your password current
Passwords expire after 180 days. If you know your password and it no longer works, chances are it has expired. If you have previously enrolled in the Self-Service Password Reset Tool, simply go there to reset your password.
If you have not already enrolled in the Self-Service Password Reset Tool, please call the AU IT Help Desk at (419) 289-5405 for assistance.
Once you have a valid and working password, please make sure you sign up NOW for the Self-Service Password Reset Tool. By doing so now, you will be able to reset forgotten or expired passwords without calling in to the Help Desk.
Set up and use your ashland.edu email account
Most communications from the university will be sent to your ashland.edu address. It is imperative that you monitor this account regularly or set it up to forward to another email address you check more frequently.
Ashland student email is a Gmail system. If you already have a Gmail account, ashland.edu email will look very familiar. Even if you do not already have a Gmail account, the system is very user-friendly.
Your email address is simply your username with @ashland.edu appended to it. To access ashland.edu email, go to http://mail.ashland.edu. Log in using your email address and your AU password.
If you wish to set mail sent to this account to be forwarded to another account, you may do so by logging in to your ashland.edu email account. On the homepage, click the Gear icon in the upper right corner to access Settings. Choose the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab. Choose "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" and follow the prompts to set up forwarding. Don't forget to click Save Changes at the bottom when done.
Log in to WebAdvisor and register
Once you have your password and ashland.edu email set up, you are ready to register.
- Go to WebAdvisor and log in.
- Choose "Students" on the right side of the page.
- In the Registration section, choose "Register for Sections".
- Choose "Search and register for sections"
- On the Search/Register for Sections page, choose the term for which you wish to regsiter from the dropdown menu. Then, fill in as much or as little information in the other fields as you wish.* The more you enter, the m ore you will narrow down your choices. To search for AHG courses, choose "American History & Government" in the Subject column; for MASTAHG education courses, choose EDCI, EDFN, EDAD, or EDIS. In the Course Level column, choose "Graduate". To narrow the search only to online courses, choose "On Line" in the dropdown menu next to Location. Click Submit.
- Review the listing of courses and click the checkbox to the left of the course for which you wish to register. Click Submit.
- A list of the courses you checked will appear on the next screen. In the Action column, choose Register in the dropdown menu to take the course for credit; choose Audit to audit the course for no credit. If a course is full, you may choose to go on the Waitlist. Choose Waitlist in the Action dropdown. You will be notified if the course becomes available. Click Submit.
*Note - It is suggested that you enter ONLY the Subject (American History & Government, EDCI, EDFN, EDIS, or EDAD), the Course Level (Graduate), and the Location (On-Line or whichever physical campus location you wish to search for). It is best to avoid entering a Course Number, Section, or Instructor's Last Name. WebAdvisor's search function is primitive and very literal. Unlike Google, for example, WebAdvisor isn't able to guess your meaning if the search term is not immediately recognized. No results will be returned if the search terms are not EXACTLY the way WebAdvisor expects them.
Pay your tuition
You may check your balance owed and make payment via debit card, credit card, or electronic checking draft in WebAdvisor. Payment is due prior to the start of the course. Madison Fellows are reminded to promptly file their Payment Request Forms.
Please note that it your account may not update to reflect the new tuition charges until the next business day.
Watch your ashland.edu email and get familiar with Blackboard Learn
As before, you will receive an email from your course Teaching Assistant the week prior to the start of your course. Please note that these communications will now go directly to your ashland.edu address.
Most courses will also make more extensive use of the Blackboard Learn LMS systemstarting in the spring. Blackboard may be accessed at ashland.blackboard.com. Use the same AU username and password you use for ashland.edu email and WebAdvisor to access Blackboard.