April 9, 2014
Ohio Northern University Fieldhouse
609 W Lincoln Ave
Ada, Ohio 45810
Ashland University students are invited to register for Education Expo, a teacher recruiting event being held on April 9, 2014. This event is sponsored by the Career Services Center, along with six other private universities/colleges in Ohio. Attending teacher candidates will have the opportunity to meet with recruiter representatives from school districts from around the country during the Open Fair for the purpose of providing a resume and to be selected by recruiters to schedule same-day interviews for employment. Last year, 712 interviews were conducted on the day of Education Expo.
The event will be hosted at Ohio Northern University. For more information and to register, go to: Teacher Candidate Info and Registration on Ohio Northern University’s Polar Careers website.
To participate, teacher candidates must:
- Be an alumni or a current student who will have graduated with a teacher licensure from one of the sponsoring universities/colleges at the bachelor, master or doctoral degree level (Sponsors: Ashland University, Bluffton University, Defiance College, Heidelberg University, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Ohio Northern University, University of Findlay)
- Hold current education licensure by August 15, 2014
- Be eligible to accept new employment for fall 2014
- Have a resume approved by their Career Services office
- Register at the designated Education Expo site: Teacher Candidate Info and Registration
|7 a.m. - 8 a.m.||Check-in|
|8 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Open Fair. During this time, teacher candidates will meet recruiter representatives from school districts and same-day interviews will be scheduled.|
|9:30 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.||Scheduled interviews. Interviews are scheduled in 25-minute blocks.|
Additional information will be sent upon registration. Ashland University students can direct their questions the the Career Services Center: 419.289.5064.