Never underestimate the impact of visual art in the classroom. It opens doors to self-expression and high self-esteem, promotes confident and critical thinking and connects children to human stories, past and present. Schools need qualified art teachers for pre-K through high school—teachers who are caring, thoughtful, organized and creative. If you want to make a difference through visual art and foster growth in the next generation, the Art Education program is for you.
You will learn about the creation of art and the education of artists. In addition to becoming a well-rounded artist yourself, you will:
- Gain the skills needed to introduce kids to the creative process and the world of art
- Receive personalized attention from dedicated art faculty who are experienced artists and educators themselves
- Have access to ample studio space
- Receive opportunities to showcase your work, starting with your freshman year.
Additional opportunities include field trips to area museums and galleries, membership in the Art Club, student presentations at the Ohio Art Educators Conference and assistance with Art Saturdays programming and Summer Art Camps through the Coburn Art Gallery.
Recent Employers of Graduates
- Ansonia local schools
- Ashland City schools
- Clear Fork Valley local schools
- Eastern local schools
- Green local schools
- Lexington local schools
- Loudon-Perrysville schools
- Mapleton local schools
- Ontario local schools