The Executive Ed.D. in Leadership Studies is an accelerated, interdisciplinary doctoral degree program that you can complete within two years. It’s designed to meet the needs of mid- to senior-level professionals who want to expand their knowledge and career opportunities. The program combines theory and practice with individual mentoring and applied research to shape you into a reflective, ethical and effective leader.
In this program, you’ll experience high-quality coursework paired with individualized mentoring both on and off campus. You’ll engage in a rigorous process of research, inquiry and site-specific practice for a well-rounded education meant to drive your career forward.
- Cohorts begin in May of each year, containing five to 15 students from a diverse range of employment sectors.
- Core classes are held at Ashland University’s Columbus Center.
- Core classes meet two Fridays (4 to 8 p.m.) and Saturdays (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) each month, enabling students to work full time while completing their degree.
- Classes are conducted year-round in a hybrid format (online and face-to-face)
- Core classes are completed across four semesters (16 months); the remaining time is devoted to completing your dissertation.
The formal coursework is organized around the components of an integrative foundations core, organizational leadership core and research core, along with a cognate area of study that you select. The cognate area complements the major area of leadership studies and, at the same time, meets your individual needs.