Both the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Talent Development Education and the Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement prepare teachers, coordinators and administrators to teach gifted and talented students, supervise and improve programs for gifted and talented students and provide leadership in the field of gifted education (K-12) in Ohio.
A master's degree in Talent Development Education fulfills the requirements for an Ohio Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement. You may apply for endorsement after EDIS 650, 651, 652, 653, 654 and 710 and 781/788 are completed and earned a qualifying score on the Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE) Tests: Gifted Education (053).
This program is for you, if...
• You want to develop, teach and supervise curricula and services for students identified as Talented or Gifted in Ohio K-12 schools.
• You want to understand the needs, current issues and effective methods for providing services for students identified as Gifted in Ohio K-12 schools.
• You want to understand the social and emotional needs, guidance and counseling issues and further the support of creative students in Ohio K-12 schools.
• You want to take the Gifted Intervention Specialist endorsement to the advanced level by completing the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: Talent Development.
• An endorsement added to your current teaching license that will help you obtain employment.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction: Talent Development Education
- EDIS 650: Nature and Needs of the Talented (3 credit hours)
- EDIS 651: Curriculum Development for the Talented (3)
- EDIS 652: Development and Supervision of Programs for the Talented (3)
- EDIS 653: Guidance and Counseling for the Talented (3)
- EDIS 654: Creativity Studies for Teachers of the Talented (3)
- EDIS 710: Field Practicum in Talent Development (2)
- EDIS 781 or 788: Thesis Capstone in Talent Development OR Capstone Inquiry Seminar (3)
- Curriculum Foundations Core (3)
- Inquiry Core (3)
- Diversity Core (3)
- EDCI 521 Technology for the 21st Century Teacher (1)
Total Credit Hours: 30
Where can you take courses for this program?
Talent Development coursework is now offered in a fully online format. This format includes at least one synchronous online session and one optional face-to-face meeting. Core courses may be offered in face-to-face, hybrid and online formats; core courses are not offered in a course-by-conference format.
Call Us: 419-289-5738
Call Us: 800-882-1548 x5738
Are you an International Student?
Email us at: email@example.com