More About the Amstutz Suite
Of the three short-term rental options, only the Amstutz Suite is specifically designed for out-of-town visitors. This private room, located on the 9th floor of a building adjacent to the John C. Myers Convocation Center, is a popular option for wedding couples, campus guests, local visitors and featured speakers.
The suite features one queen size bed, private bath, kitchenette, sitting room, laptop and television. The kitchenette is stocked with bottled water, hot tea and coffee.
- Ashland University pricing (departmental account numbers only): $100 per night
- External pricing: $100 per night + tax
1111 King Road
This furnished home, adjacent to AU’s campus, has much to offer a family looking for a short-term rental.
Amenities and Policies
The home’s amenities and policies include:
- 3 three furnished bedrooms
- 1.5 bathrooms
- A full kitchen with oven/range and refrigerator
- Furnished dining and living rooms
- A full basement
- Heating/cooling: forced air
- No pets allowed
To inquire about availability or to rent this property, please contact our rental manager at StayatAU@ashland.edu.
Outside Alcohol, Food and Beverage
- Alcoholic beverages are restricted to those 21 years or older with valid identification.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted on the premises.
Unauthorized Guest Access
Visitors of guests are allowed on the premises daily between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. The guest is to adhere to these visiting hours and escort their visitors at all times on the hotel’s premises. Any additional unregistered guests found in a guest room between 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. will incur a penalty charge of $25 USD per person.
Improper Use of Facilities
- Guests may not use conference areas unless reserved prior to check-in. Conference areas are subject to availability. Outside food, beverage and alcohol are not permitted under any circumstance in conference or event spaces.
- The Amstutz Hall 9th Floor Suite is rented separately from the gathering areas (boardroom, dining room, lobby, medium conference room, small conference room and sitting room) located adjacent. These areas are not to be used by a guest of the suite unless separately reserved. Additionally, these spaces may be reserved concurrently by other groups; the guest of the suite is not to impede the activities of other groups on the floor, which includes:
- No tampering with event set-up (including linens, catering items, glassware, china, centerpieces or other items set up by Ashland University Catering staff)
- No interrupting or impeding any ongoing meeting. If the guest has a noise complaint about an adjacent group, they should report it to Safety Services at 419-207-5555.
- No access to catered food or drink not specifically meant and reserved for the suite guest.
- Conference and gathering spaces are subject to rental charges and catering charges, as applicable.
- The Amstutz 9th floor kitchen is strictly off-limits to all AU visitors and guests.
Early Departure Policies
- Guests may be charged an early departure fee equal to one night’s stay for canceling their stay with less than 72 hours’ notice.
- Guests will not be refunded for unoccupied nights in the suite if the reservation is not canceled in accordance with the cancellation policies.
- A deposit of the first night’s stay is required at the time of booking or, for Ashland University customers, an account number must be provided at time of booking.
- We have a 72-hour check-in cancellation policy. Cancellation requests made at least 72 hours before arrival may receive a full refund of the deposit. Cancellation requests within 72 hours of arrival forfeit the deposit.
This property is 100% non-smoking. Any evidence of smoking found in the guest room will result in a $250 USD charge to the guest’s account.
This property has a strict “no party” policy. In the event of a disturbance, one warning will be given to the offending guest(s) and all unregistered guests will be asked to leave. If the offending guest(s) does/do not comply, they will be asked to leave and will forfeit any fee, deposit or payment.