Eagle Exploration is a self-paced career guidance tool designed to help you discover and explore career options that match your interests, personality, values and skills. It will enable you to assess your personal career qualities, keep track of your progress, and explore major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Students and alumni are encouraged to utilize this system for academic and career planning.
- For step-by-step instructions on registering for Eagle Exploration and completing the self-assessment sections, please read through the Eagle Exploration Student & Alumni Guide or watch the introductory video.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Specialist to discuss the results of the assessment after you complete it. Contact 419.289.5064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AU Career Connect is Ashland University's very own online job database where students can view and apply for work study positions on campus, full-time professional and internship opportunities, as well as temporary and seasonal jobs.
- Students can find step-by-step instructions to registering, creating a profile, uploading a resume, and searching for or applying to jobs in the AU Career Connect Student Guide or by contacting the CSC.
- Employers can find assistance on how to register for an account, post a job, or browse students' shared profiles and resumes in the AU Career Connect Employer Guide or by contacting the CSC.
CareerShift is an online set of integrated applications proven to help job seekers successfully find employment by uniquely cross-referencing jobs and contacts, tailoring and organizing documents and correspondence to maximize their odds of securing a job, quickly and efficiently. Unlike AU Career Connect, CareerShift does not require employers to post a job in a particular database, but instead CareerShift scans a number of websites around the web - large and small job boards and individual employer websites - and allows users to search through all the jobs that CareerShift has already found.
- To register, students should visit CareerShift and register using their ashland.edu email address.
- Alumni who no longer have access to their ashland.edu email address are still welcome to use the service. Alumni registration instructions are available on the alumni site.
Glassdoor provides a free inside look at companies, including lists of open positions, reviews of companies submitted by current and former employees, salary information, and lists of interview questions real job candidates received at their interview. Glassdoor is free to use and should be a great resource in any student's research for a job search!
InterviewStream is an online, self-directed mock interview system designed to allow you to develop your interviewing skills by answering practice questions online. InterviewStream allows you to complete a practice interview prepared by the Career Center for Life Calling or to complete your own individually customized mock interview.
Registration Instructions for students or alumni with an AU Career Connect account (single sign-on):
- Log into AU Career Connect with your existing username and password.
- Click the InterviewStream Online Practice Video Interviews badge in the left-hand column (pictured below).
- Visit http://ashland.interviewstream.com
- Click “Create Account” at the top of the page or “Sign Up Now” in the blue box.
OhioMeansJobs.com is a job search resource for Ohio job seekers.
Users can search through posted jobs, find upcoming local job fairs and workshops, or post a resume which can be found by employers in Ohio and surrounding states.
OhioMeansJobs.com also now includes services that had previously only been available at county job centers.