The University Chaplain serves the spiritual needs of the Ashland University community by
- Providing pastoral care and spiritual resources to students, faculty and staff and administration regardless of religious background.
- Addressing the spiritual needs of the campus community on both individual and institutional levels.
- Overseeing The Well worshipping community.
- Offering one-on-one pastoral counseling, spiritual direction and life coaching.
- Implementing campus-wide spiritual programming such as convocations, prayer gatherings and spiritual formation events.
- Promoting an atmosphere of spiritual wellness on campus
- Serving as liaison to the University’s founding denomination, the Brethren Church.