The New Student Orientation program assists new students and their parents in making the transition to college. The program exposes new students to the educational opportunities available and the policies and expectations of the campus. The Orientation Team members assist new students to become an integral part of the campus community.
- Provide an orientation process which is available to all students new to the institution, including freshmen, transfers, commuters and adult learners.
- Assist students in understanding the purpose of higher education and the mission of Ashland University.
- Encourage involvement in organizations, the arts, campus activities and more!
- Create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, maximizes positive attitudes and stimulates excitement for learning.
- Provide sufficient information about academic issues and procedures, campus expectations and services, personal safety, security and wellness which allows students to make well-informed choices.