What is the cost of the Health Center Fee?
Each full time undergraduate student is charged a Health Center fee of $77 per semester.
Services included in fee:
- All Visits - Nurse, Physician Assistant, Physician
- Medications -The Health Center stocks many over-the-counter medications and commonly prescribed antibiotics and antifungals
- Specific lab testing in the health center as follows: strep, mono, pregnancy and urinalysis when indicated
- Flu shots as long as supply available
- University required accident insurance
Are additional fees charged for any services at the Student Health Center?
- Immunizations - Tetanus/Pertussis booster (Tdap), Hepatitis B, Meningitis, Gardasil (HPV). The exact fee depends on our cost at the time.
- TB tests are also available for a fee of $10.
- Laboratory testing - If any outside lab tests are required, i.e. blood tests, urine or wound cultures, there is a fee charged by the outside lab. This fee can be paid by cash, check, credit card or Eagle Card, or it can be billed to your health insurance. The exact fee is controlled by Quest Laboratories.
- Radiology - X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs and CT scans which are ordered by one of the providers will need to be done at an outside provider such as Samaritan Hospital. These tests will be billed to your health insurance.
- Physical Exams – Intercollegiate sports physicals, work physicals, International student physicals, etc. are $30.
Can I receive my allergy Injections at the Student Health Center?
Yes, you may receive allergy injections at the Student Health Center, with the following provisions:
- You must receive your initial injection with your allergist.
- Your allergist must send documentation of your orders with specific instructions for administration.
- You must provide the serum from your allergist.
- Allergy shots must be given when a health care provider (physician or physician assistant) is in the health center. There may be times during the school year that there is no provider available and other arrangements will need to be made for receiving your allergy injection.
What do I do when the Student Health Center is closed?
- If you have a Medical Emergency (requires IMMEDIATE medical attention):
- Contact Safety Services for assistance-911(from an on campus phone) or 419.207.5555(off campus phone/cellphone)
- Go to Samaritan Regional Health Systems Emergency Room (at student's expense) located at 1025 Center Street approximately 1/2 mile from campus
- Non-Emergencies (sore throat, colds, etc.)
- Call the Student Health Center when they open. The number is 419.289.5200. You will be able to schedule an appointment to be seen in a timely manner. Center hours are 9:30 a.m – 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Monday-Friday during fall and spring semesters.
- During summer months, breaks and after-hours call your physician’s office for an appointment or visit an urgent care center, etc. (at student's expense). There are two urgent cares in Ashland. Q-Care is located next to Samaritan Hospital at 1025 Center Street and Walk-In Urgent Care located at 1016 Sugarbush Dr (near Home Depot).