Your Privacy is Important to Us
Ashland University Student Health Center is committed to protecting the information you share with us. This Privacy Statement explains what type of information we keep, how we use this information and how we protect your information. You will be notified of any changes in this Privacy Statement as required by law.
Information We Keep
Information collected from you during a health center visit, immunization information if immunizations were received at our health service, information sent from other health care providers and a record of any treatment you may have received during a health center visit.
What We May Disclose
With your written authorization, we will share the minimum information necessary with the person/health care provider you designate on the authorization form. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about students or former students to anyone, except as required by law, without written authorization.
Protecting Personal Information
We take the security of your personal health information very seriously and have established security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your medical information. Only authorized personnel within the Student Health Center who are involved in your care may access your personal health information. These individuals are trained to handle confidential information and must abide by the terms of our confidentiality agreement.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Health Information
- You have the right to request restrictions on use or disclosure of your personal health information.
- You have the right to receive confidential communication of your personal health information.
- You have the right to inspect and copy your personal health information. We have the right to charge a reasonable cost-based fee for copying, postage and the cost of preparing the document as agreed upon in advance.
- You have the right to amend your personal health information.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your personal health information.
You may file a complaint with the director of the Ashland University Student Health Center and/or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services if you feel your privacy rights have been violated.
Detailed information is available upon request in the Student Health Center or online at: www.hhs.gov/policies/index.html.