Our Success is Your Success
At Ashland University, we provide an exceptional educational experience that has been recognized for both its academic excellence and its value. This is illustrated by the large percentage of AU students who succeed immediately following graduation. We are proud to say that 94 percent of the 2012 graduates for which we have information were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Our rankings and graduate successes clearly illustrate that Ashland holds dear its commitment to serving the individual student and that an Ashland education is a proven investment in your future. We pride ourselves on providing students with a unique educational experience that offers internships and global experiences as well as the individual commitment necessary for them to stay competitive in a fast-paced world.
In late 2013, Ashland University was recognized as the top private college for teacher education in the state of Ohio by the Online College Database in its newest ranking titled “Top Colleges in Ohio Shaping the Next Generation.” Ashland was the only private college in the Top 10 in this ranking, which honors the post-secondary institutions in the state that graduated the most education and teaching professionals in 2012.
Ashland also has garnered other national recognition, including:
- Being ranked in the top 200 colleges and universities in U.S. News and World Report’s National Universities category in 2012 and 2013.
- Being ranked by Washington Monthly as one of the “Best Bang for the Buck” colleges for National Universities. Ashland continues to be listed each year as one of the best colleges and universities in the nation in these Washington Monthly rankings.
- Finishing third in the nation in the final 2012-13 Learfield Sports Directors Cup NCAA Division II all-sports standings. A perennial powerhouse in Division II athletics, Ashland has placed in the nation’s Top 10 all-sports standings for five consecutive years.
- Having its student dining service recognized as one of the best in the nation as it has captured the first place award 10 times in the standard menu competition of the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS).
- Being named as one of the top schools in Ohio for the greatest lifetime return on investment by AffordableCollegesOnline.org.
- Having its Campus Activities Board (CAB) recognized for the quality of the student entertainment it offers on campus as it has received the top Programming Organization of the Year award through the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) Mid-America Regional Conference a total of 10 times, including the last three years in a row.
- Being ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of top research universities in the country and as the No. 156 ranked college in the Midwest.
An Education Within Your Means
Everyone recognizes that in today’s society, a college degree is a necessity for those hoping to get ahead in the world. In fact, statistics show that those with bachelor’s degrees can expect, on average, to make approximately $1 million more over a lifetime than those with high school degrees alone (U.S. Census Bureau, 2013).
And while we believe that a college education is so very important, we also realize that receiving an affordable education is imperative in today’s economy. That is why Ashland announced in 2013 that it is reducing its tuition by more than $10,000 for all full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the fall of 2014-15. This represents a 37 percent decrease from the planned 2014-15 tuition.
This tuition reset places our tuition as one of the lowest among private colleges in the state of Ohio and also means that the cost to attend a nationally recognized private university like Ashland is comparable to most public universities in the state.