Stay Active. Live Well.
When you are active, you perform more effectively in all areas of your life. For this reason, Ashland challenges each community member to live an active life. It does not matter if you are athletic; there are fun physical activities for everyone! We offer:
- An award-winning intramural program featuring over 20 different sports
- 21 Sports Clubs that require less commitment than our NCAA athletic program but still provide intense intercollegiate competition. More than 265 students participate in Sports Clubs at Ashland University.
- Group exercise classes such as yoga, Pilates and other fun classes that get your heart pumping and muscles working
- Aquatics — swim laps, go diving, take Lifeguard Certification classes or learn to swim
- Indoor running track, golf simulator, game room, racquetball courts, tennis and basketball courts as well as a climbing wall
- Massage and personal training sessions
- Health and wellness training and incentive programs
- Outdoor activities such as paintball trips, hiking treks and other fun in the great outdoors
The Rec Center is the social hub of the university. It is open to to all Ashland University students, faculty, staff and their families as well as alumni. In addition to the many opportunities for physical activity available through Recreational Services, you can also rent a movie at the Rec Center or play our XBox and Wii. There’s something for everyone! Contact or stop by the Rec Center to join the fun!