Ashland University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street Suite 7-500
Chicago IL 60604
Authorization to grant bachelor, master and doctor degrees comes from the Ohio Board of Regents.
Individual programs are accredited by:
- the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- the National Association of Schools of Music
- the American Association of Theological Schools
- the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- the Council on Social Work Education
- the American Chemical Society
- the Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training (CAATE)
- the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)