How to Apply for Graduation
To apply for graduation, first log into self service and click on Graduation Overview. Then click on Apply under Application Status and follow the prompts as they appear on the screen and click "Submit".
For information on the last day to apply for graduation please follow this link to the most recent Ashland University Academic Catalog.
Ceremony Time and Location
The Spring Commencement ceremony is Saturday, May 6 at 10 a.m. in the Niss Athletic Center, located on Moss Hill Drive. No tickets will be required for the indoor ceremony.
The Commencement ceremony will be telecast live on Ashland’s website at www.ashland.edu, and archived on the site for viewing later.
Graduates are to assemble at 9 a.m. inside the Niss Athletic Center. The lineup area will be on the far side of the track, opposite from the main entrance. Faculty volunteers will assist you in lining up according to the degree you're receiving. You will be given a card with your name and honors listed.
At 9:55 a.m. the processional will begin with the platform party proceeding to the stage. The faculty and students will proceed to seating on the field.
Parents and guests attending the ceremony can park in any of the parking lots on campus. The recommended parking lots for Commencement are Lots B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, or M. From these lots, guests will walk to the Niss Athletic Center. Passenger golf carts will be available to shuttle guests in need of assistance from the parking lots to the ceremony.
Please note: Lot T will be reserved for handicapped-accessible parking only. Broad Street will be closed from Moss Hill Drive to Davis Street and only vehicles with a handicapped-accessible placard/license plate will be permitted to drive through this area.
For more information about Commencement parking, see the Commencement Parking Map.
Beverages, snacks and sandwiches will be available to purchase from 9 a.m. to the end of the graduate ceremony. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
If you need to stay overnight, here’s a list of local accommodations.
EagleEye Photography will take photos of each graduate during the ceremony and graduates will be contacted about photos available for purchase. Students may also pre-register for graduation photos. If you have questions, contact EagleEye Photography at 419-289-5239 or visit the EagleEye Photography web page.
To help you celebrate your graduate's achievement, the Ashland University Honors Program offers roses for Commencement at the pre-ordered price of $30 per dozen. You can pre-order tickets online here.
Rose orders will be available for pickup from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. as you enter the lobby of the Niss Athletic Center. Proceeds from the sale will support the May 2023 Honors study abroad trip to the British Isles. Rose bouquets are typically given to the graduate after the ceremony.
A variety of colors will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Quantities are limited and colors cannot be reserved. Rose orders must be picked up BY 10 a.m.or they will be donated to a local charity. If you have questions, please call 419-289-5260.
Commencement Live Stream
What you should know before Commencement
- The online regalia catalog lists the regalia, honor cords and tassels for graduates, including undergraduate tassels, master degree regalia, doctoral degree regalia, seminary regalia and the medallions worn at Commencement ceremonies.
Custom printed announcements, Ashland diploma frames and commemorative rings are also available at the Ashland University Campus Store. Place your order online at www.ashlandbookstore.com or call 419-289-5336.
- All graduates picking up caps, gowns and tassels at the Campus Store will need a picture I.D. If someone else is picking them up, they will need written permission from you. On Commencement day, the Campus Store, located in the Student Center, will be open from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- All graduates should complete the Graduation Survey prior to Commencement. Survey invitations will be emailed four weeks prior to graduation. All students who complete the survey will receive 25% off one regularly-priced item at the Campus Store. (graduation regalia excluded) Respondents will also be entered into a drawing for alumni and Handshake packages; and one winner will receive a free AU diploma frame.
- Diplomas will be mailed beginning two weeks after commencement. All accounts with the Business Office, Library, Campus Store and Dean of Students must be cleared before your diploma will be mailed to you. For any questions about your diploma, please contact the Registrar’s Office located in Founders Hall or by email at email@example.com.
- Honors -- Latin honors bestowed on graduates and listed in the Commencement program are based solely on Ashland University achievements. These honors will reflect total grade point averages through summer 2022 and will be recalculated for final status on the official transcript.