Undergraduate University Writing Center (UWC)
Campus Location: Center for the Humanities Bixler (CFHB) 104
Hours: M-TH, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Online appointments are available for students not on campus.
UWC Director: Dr. Maura Grady
Center for the Humanities Bixler (CFHB) 109-111
Office Telephone: 419-289-5670
Mentoring and Resources to Sharpen Writing Skills
The University Writing Center welcomes all students who are writing papers for courses in any discipline. Writing Assistants (WAs) represent a variety of majors & and minors and core courses.
- To learn more about the Writing Studio, visit About the Writing Center.
- To learn how to make an appointment and what to do to prepare, visit How to Use the Writing Center.
- To learn more about AU's policies on plagiarism and integrity, visit Policies for Plagiarism & Integrity.
- To learn more about the Writing Assistants, visit Writing Center Staff.
- To make an appointment: click here for undergraduate online calendar
Undergraduate University Writing Center Hours
The Writing Center is open during the hours listed below. Online appointments are available for students in online-only undergraduate programs. Although not all hours are staffed by Writing Assistants, students are welcome to use the Center computers for work on assignments on their own.
10 a.m.–9 p.m. Monday–Thursday
10 a.m.–4 p.m. Friday