Undergraduate University Writing Center (UWC)
Campus Location: Center for the Humanities Bixler (CFHB) 104
Hours: M-TH, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Online appointments are available for students not on campus.
UWC Director: Dr. Maura Grady
Center for the Humanities Bixler (CFHB) 109-111
Office Telephone: 419-289-5670
Mentoring and Resources to Sharpen Writing Skills
The University Writing Center welcomes all students who are writing papers for courses in any discipline. Writing Assistants (WAs) represent a variety of majors & and minors and core courses.
- To learn more about the Writing Studio, visit About the Writing Center.
- To learn how to make an appointment and what to do to prepare, visit How to Use the Writing Center.
- To learn more about AU's policies on plagiarism and integrity, visit Policies for Plagiarism & Integrity.
- To learn more about the Writing Assistants, visit Writing Center Staff.
- To make an appointment: click here for undergraduate online calendar
Undergraduate University Writing Center Hours
The Writing Center is open during the hours listed below. Online appointments are available for students in online-only undergraduate programs. Although not all hours are staffed by Writing Assistants, students are welcome to use the Center computers for work on assignments on their own.
9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday–Thursday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday