Honoring Our Shared Values
Personal integrity is important in everything you do now and throughout your life. For this reason, Ashland adopted its Statement on Ethical Leadership, which undergirds our Academic Integrity Policy. The statement reads:
“The Ashland community strives to model leadership which is based upon Judeo-Christian beliefs and virtues and which will encourage, develop and sustain men and women of character to serve their professions, their communities and the world.”
As a student at Ashland University, you are expected to hold yourself to the highest standards of academic, personal and social integrity including adherence to the academic standards of integrity outlined in this policy.
Information for Students and Faculty
Helpful Handouts to Avoid Plagiarism and Assist Students in Writing
- MLA Style Guide
- When should I paraphrase, and when should I summarize?
- Plagiarism: What It Is and How to Avoid It, from the Student Code of Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct, Indiana University.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide from the Purdue OWL
- About APA. How to write in APA style.
- Avoiding Plagiarism (Purdue OWL)
- Safe Practices for Researching and Drafting (Purdue OWL)
Writing Guides from the Purdue OWL
- General Guide to Purdue OWL writing resources
- Prewriting (Invention)
- Understanding Writing Assignments
- Developing an Outline
- Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing
- Writing a Research Paper
- Organizing Your Argument (you'll need to download and open a media file for a PowerPoint presentation.)
- Analyzing Literature
- Developing a Resume