Helping graduate students pay for college
Graduate loan applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to those applications submitted by May 1 for fall/spring or March 1 for summer financial aid. Once you have a financial aid award available, you may view it on WebAdvisor. Students must reapply for financial aid each year. The priority date for summer applications is March 1. The priority date for fall/spring applications is May 1.
Students who apply for loans late may need to pay for tuition temporarily (i.e., credit card) until the loan is processed. Students may then request a refund check from the Student Accounts Office after the loan has been applied to his/her account and after attending the first class session.
To estimate repayment amounts for your loans, go to the Federal Student Aid Repayment Estimator
Be accepted for admission to a degree-granting or licensure program and intend to enroll at least half-time. Note: Graduate Licensure Students (superintendent, principal, school nurse or other administrative licensure) are eligible for private education loans only. For more private loan information, follow the “Additional Loan Resources” at the bottom of this page.
Complete the Ashland University Financial Aid Application. Fall/spring applications will be made available on March 1. Priority will be given to applications submitted by May 1 prior to fall. The summer application will be made available in early February and should be submitted by March 1.
- 2019-20 Bachelors Plus Fall/Spring Application
- 2019-20 Graduate and Seminary Fall/Spring Application
- 2020 Summer Financial Aid Application
- 2020-21 Graduate and Seminary Fall/Spring Application
- 2020-21 Bacherlors Plus Fall/Spring Application
File a FAFSA with Ashland University’s school code of 003012
For new Federal Direct Loan borrowers, complete Direct Loan Master Promissory Note for your “Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan.” Follow the green "Sign In" button and log in with your FAFSA PIN to proceed.
If you do not have outstanding Federal Direct Loans, complete Loan Entrance Counseling.
If you need funding in addition to or do not qualify for Federal Direct Loans, you can apply for one of the following. NOTE: Approval for these additional loan resources is credit-based.
Private Education Alternative Loan
You will need to choose a lender and apply with that lender for the loan. Ashland University has provided a Private Loan Comparison List through FASTChoice for your review, but you may select any lender you wish.You are not required to choose a lender from the list and are encouraged to apply with other lenders if you would like.
Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
Master’s and Doctoral degree-seeking students who have exhausted their Federal Direct Loan eligibility and still have room to borrow up to the cost of attendance may apply for a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. To apply, follow these steps at studentaid.gov after "Signing In" with your FSAID:
- Every year, click "Request a PLUS Loan," and choose the "Graduate PLUS" loan type (this is where you request the dollar amount you need for the year and a credit check will be done).
- For new Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan borrowers, also "Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)" and "Complete Loan Entrance Counseling."
Federal Parent PLUS Loan
Parents of dependent Bachelor’s Plus students who have exhausted their Federal Direct Loan eligibility and who are enrolled at least half-time may apply for a Federal Parent PLUS Loan. To apply, follow these steps at studentaid.gov after "Signing In" with your FSAID:
- Every year, click "Request a PLUS Loan," and choose the "Parent PLUS" loan type (this is where you request the dollar amount you need for the year, and a credit check will be done).
- For new Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan borrowers, also "Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)."